Nick Marsman and Gregore have been named to the MLS Team of the Week presented by Audi for Week 24 of the 2021 season.
Marsman was named as the starting goalkeeper to the MLS Team of the Week for Week 24 following Inter Miami’s third clean sheet in a row and fourth clean sheet of the season against the Columbus Crew this past Saturday. In Marsman’s 90-minute game, he made three massive saves that allowed for the Herons to earn a victory over the 2020 defending champions and extend their five-game unbeaten run.
This is the first time that Marsman has been named a starter for the MLS Team of the Week. The Dutch goalkeeper was previously named to the bench of the team of the Week in Week 22 following his first clean sheet of the season against Orlando City.
In addition, Gregore was named to the bench of the MLS Team of the Week in Week 24 following his outstanding 90-minute performance in the midfield against the Columbus Crew. In the weekend matchup, the captain registered four tackles and contested 16 duels.
Inter Miami players who have previously been featured in the MLS Team of the Week in the 2021 regular season:
- Week 2: Defender Nicolás Figal was named to the team after assisting midfielder Federico Higuaín for the go-ahead goal in the 83rd minute. Figal also contested 16 duels in the 1-2 win against the Philadelphia Union for the first win of the season. Figal and Higuaín were both named to the starting XI.
- Week 3: Defender Ryan Shawcross was selected for the starting XI after the 0-0 draw versus Nashville to earn the first clean sheet of the season and contested six duels.
- Week 4: Winger Lewis Morgan was named to the bench following the equalizing goal in minute 77 to earn the 1-1 draw against Atlanta.
- Week 5: Forward Gonzalo Higuaín was named a starter after scoring a brace that helped earn the Club a 3-2 win vs. FC Cincinnati.
- Week 16: Gonzalo Higuaín was named a starter on the Team of the Week after scoring a brace with a penalty kick in the 49th minute and a goal in the 69th minute in a 2-1 win over CF Montréal.
- Week 17: Left-back Kieran Gibbs earned the spot as a starter in the 1-1 draw vs. Orlando City after scoring the equalizing goal in the 66th minute.
- Week 18: Midfielder Blaise Matuidi was selected to the starting XI after his first assist of the season in the 2-1 win over Nashville.
- Week 20: Gonzalo Higuaín was named to the Team of the Week for the third time this season and named as a starter following his two assists that helped Inter Miami earn a 3-2 win vs. Chicago Fire.
- Week 21: Defender Leandro González Pirez, who had two assists, and midfielder Rodolfo Pizarro, who scored a brace, were named as starters after the 3-1 win over Toronto FC.
- Week 22: Goalkeeper Nick Marsman was named to the bench in the 0-0 draw vs. Orlando City after his first clean sheet of the season and an incredible save during a penalty kick.
- Week 23: Nicolás Figal was named a starter after an 0-1 win, assisting Brek Shea for the late game-winning goal to defeat FC Cincinnati.