Today, on National Nonprofit Day, Inter Miami CF reveals the Inter Miami CF Foundation, the club’s 501(c)3 community-driven nonprofit arm that has been working since the club’s inception to harness the power of fútbol to do good and as such meaningfully and tangibly impact the South Florida community.
The Inter Miami CF first team players have kick-started contributions with all 28 players making a donation to the Inter Miami CF Foundation. Fans can join the Inter Miami CF players in supporting the Foundation by purchasing Inter Miami CF Foundation merchandise with all proceeds going to the Foundation to support community initiatives.
“Our goal through the Inter Miami CF Foundation is to harness the power of fútbol to break down barriers on and off the pitch, ensuring that youth across South Florida have the tools and support they need,” said Adriana Sandoval, Inter Miami CF Director of Community Engagement & Foundation. “South Florida has given so much to us and we are humbled to be able to use our resources to give back and to make an impact in the lives of those that need it the most.”
Since its inception the Inter Miami CF Foundation has harnessed the power of fútbol to do good in the community through a number of programs. More information on these programs can be found below:
- Annual Equipment Drive: Throughout the year, Inter Miami CF Foundation collects new and lightly used soccer equipment that they then donate to clubs, organizations and kids across South Florida during their annual Equipment Drive to make sure every kid that wants to play soccer has access to the game.
- Back to School Drives: Inter Miami CF Foundation believes every kid should have the tools they need to be able to succeed in school. The Foundation does programming around back to school which include book bag and essential school supplies donations as well as laptop and tablet donations to make sure kids can connect to online learning.
- Cancer Research and Fundraising: Every year, Inter Miami CF Foundation does extensive work raising awareness and funds for childhood cancer research through their participation in Kick Childhood Cancer, as well as breast cancer through their partnership with AutoNation and DRV PNK.
- Community Clinics and Mentorship: The Foundation plans clinics, panels and workshops to work with kids in underserved communities where players and staff showcase themes like leadership, teamwork and professional opportunities.
- Food Drives and Meal Programs: The Foundation has worked throughout the years on establishing and executing programs that help bring food to people in the community that need it the most. Programs have included drive-through food drives during the Covid-19 pandemic, Thanksgiving food distributions and providing meals to frontline workers.
- Literacy Program: The Foundation works to bring book fairs to Title 1 schools in South Florida that cannot afford to host book fairs for their kids on their own. This ensures that every student in the selected school goes home with two books free of charge and starts a conversation about the importance of literacy at an early age.
- Soccer for All: The Foundation works closely with Major League Soccer’s MLS Works platform to annually execute programs around Soccer for All, working on breaking down barriers and practicing inclusivity on and off the pitch. This includes launching a Special Olympics Unified Team in 2021, working alongside Special Olympics South Florida to unite individuals with intellectual disabilities (Special Olympics athletes) and individuals without intellectual disabilities (Unified partners) as members of one team.
The Foundation will continue its efforts this year by participating in Major League Soccer’s Kick Childhood Cancer campaign during the month of September, hosting a Thanksgiving food drive in November, and a Holiday Toy Drive in December among other programs.
Inter Miami CF Foundation
Established in 2020, the Inter Miami CF Foundation is dedicated to leveling the playing field for at-risk youth and underserved communities across South Florida.