Inter Miami CF defender Kamal Miller has been named to the starting Xl of the Team of the Matchday for Matchday 29 of the 2023 MLS regular season. The Canadian international secured his spot on the team following a sterling defensive display that helped the team keep a clean sheet during Inter Miami’s scoreless draw against Nashville SC on Aug. 30 at DRV PNK Stadium.
Miller led The Herons defensive line with a strong performance that saw him complete the match with a 98.9% passing rate while registering one key tackle, three interceptions and clocking in a duel win percentage of 75%, winning five of his duels. Notably, he came up big in two interventions during Nashville’s forays into the attacking third.
The stalwart defender started and played the full 90 minutes, helping the team record its seventh clean sheet of the season in all competitions and extending the team’s Club-record unbeaten streak to ten.
Miller is making his first appearance in the MLS Team of the Matchday this season in the pink and black colors, becoming the 11th Inter Miami player to receive MLS TOTM honors so far this regular season.
2023 Inter Miami Team of the Matchday Honorees:
- Matchday 1: Drake Callender and Sergii Kryvtsov
- Matchday 2: Phil Neville, Rodolfo Pizarro and Jean Mota
- Matchday 3: Drake Callender
- Matchday 5: Franco Negri
- Matchday 7: Drake Callender
- Matchday 10: Phil Neville, Franco Negri, and Leonardo Campana
- Matchday 11: Josef Martínez
- Matchday 23: Benjamin Cremaschi, Leonardo Campana, Josef Martinez
- Matchday 24: Drake Callender and Benjamin Cremaschi
- Matchday 28: Gerardo ‘Tata’ Martino, Diego Gómez and Lionel Messi
- Matchday 29: Kamal Miller