Inter Miami CF midfielders Robert Taylor and Facundo Farías have been named in the Team of the Matchday for Matchday 33 of the 2023 MLS regular season. The duo earned their spots in the team following their sensational performances that helped the team secure a 4-0 win against Toronto FC last night at DRV PNK Stadium.
Taylor secured a place in the starting XI for his first Team of the Matchday selection this regular season after scoring his first brace of the 2023 MLS regular season and his second across all competitions this season, while Farías earned TOTM honors for a second time after registering a goal and assist.
The Finnish midfielder kicked off his scoring performance in the 54th minute, receiving the ball at the left corner of the box and dribbling to his right cruising around Toronto’s backline before smashing a low driven shot to the far post hitting the back of the net, bagging Inter Miami’s second goal of the night.
In the 87th minute, the 28-year-old would strike again and secure his brace, receiving a chipped pass from Farías inside the right side of the box, where he was able to control and maintain composure, striking a powerful shot towards the roof of the netting to secure Inter Miami’s 4-0 win. The goal would mark Taylor’s fourth goal in MLS and eighth across all competitions this season.
Farías would also feature in the Team of the Matchday after his one goal and assist performance against Toronto. The young Argentine was able to maintain his cool and pull off a startling overhead pass to Taylor, where he was able to bury Inter Miami’s fourth goal of the night and give Farías his second assist this MLS campaign.
The youngster’s goal would come earlier in the match to open the scoring during the additional time of the first 45 minutes, where Farías was able to connect with a spectacular volley towards the right side of the net, marking his third goal this regular season.
2023 Inter Miami Team of the Matchday Honorees:
- Matchday 1: Drake Callender and Sergii Kryvtsov
- Matchday 2: Phil Neville, Rodolfo Pizarro and Jean Mota
- Matchday 3: Drake Callender
- Matchday 5: Franco Negri
- Matchday 7: Drake Callender
- Matchday 10: Phil Neville, Franco Negri, and Leonardo Campana
- Matchday 11: Josef Martínez
- Matchday 23: Benjamin Cremaschi, Leonardo Campana, Josef Martinez
- Matchday 24: Drake Callender and Benjamin Cremaschi
- Matchday 28: Gerardo ‘Tata’ Martino, Diego Gómez and Lionel Messi
- Matchday 29: Kamal Miller
- Matchday 30: Drake Callender, Jordi Alba and Lionel Messi
- Matchday 32: Leonardo Campana
- Matchday 33: Robert Taylor and Facundo Farías